Thursday, December 7, 2017

Four Book Series I won't be finishing.

*These are just based on personal opinion and does not mean that these are not good books. I also wanted to add a bit of variety to the blog as well.*


The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer 

Now I haven't finished the first book, so I would classify this as a might not finish series. While I enjoyed the beginning of the book, the middle of it is just falling flat. I don't really like the characters and the development with them, and the action just isn't building up like I expected it to. I don't want to just give up on the series until I power through and finished the first one, but I also don't see myself picking up the others afterwards either. 2/5 stars

The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Steifvater 

I really liked Maggie's other series The Raven Cycle but when I went to read this series after finishing the other one, I just couldn't get into it. For me the reason why I didn't finish the first book and won't be finishing the series is because of the writing. The writing was just so different from what I expected that I just couldn't get past it or the way the characters were in the beginning. 2/5 stars

The Maze Runner by James Dashner

I have to be honest, I watched the movie before I read the book. I really enjoyed the movies, but I just didn't like the books because the characters were so different than how they were portrayed in the movie. I finished the first book after reading it for a couple months, but with the way the first book went I just don't have the drive or the urge to pick up the rest of the series. 1.5/5 stars

The Song of Fire and Ice by George R.R. Martin

The reason I won't be finishing this series even though I would love to is a really odd and kinda silly reason. I won't be finishing this series because the books are simply too thick. I have been stuck on the first book for other a year now and I'm not even 200 pages in. The rate at which I'm reading this series is just something that is really effecting my joy to read. I feel more pressure from myself to force myself to finish this series before I can read other books that I might enjoy. 3/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment